Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I'm getting ready to go tuck myself in bed for a little nappie with the kids before we head over to my neighbor, friend, and CTMH team member's house (Melissa) for a NYE party.  It's nice to be able to just walk right over there and socialize with our neighbors!  I'm really looking forward to it, plus Ronnie is making his special spinach-artichoke dip!  YUM!  I don't like spinach very much, and certainly wouldn't eat an artichoke if it were on my plate, but, when mixed with mayo, Parmesan cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese, well, it just seems to slip right down!  LOL!  

Do you make resolutions?  I usually make the old stand by ones:  lose weight, be healthy, blah blah blah.  This year I am resolving to make real goals, not just empty promises to myself.  With resolutions I think I would forget about them fairly quickly, so 2009 is my year of goals.  Most of mine are business related, meaning Close to My Heart-related.  Since my long term goal is to quit teaching but not cause my family to lose our house (eekk!!) I have many small goals leading up to the end of my teaching career.  June can't come soon enough but I know it will take lots of hard work to replace my teaching income.  I know that it is possible, and I am fully committed to making it work for me.

I wish you the very best 2009!  Make goals, not resolutions, and put up pictures of them on your walls so you can see them every day!!  I have pictures on my wall of a cruise ship and the beaches of New Zealand-two of CTMH's current incentive trips!  I am one-third of the way to New Zealand!!! WOW!    What a trip that will be!!  Happy New Year!!!


No comments: