Sunday, December 14, 2008

This is my WHY!


I was thinking about how much my kids mean to me tonight as I finished creating a little something for my sister Alex.  I can't go into too much detail in case she visits, but suffice it to say that I was looking at many photos and thinking about Maggie and Nate.

Nate turns two later today, he was born around 4:30 pm on December 14th after two days of laying around in the hospital after being induced.  Both of my kids didn't want to come out and I had to be induced both times.  Maggie was a quicker wait in the hospital, but a much harder birth.  She was stuck for quite a while and we almost had to "go in after her", as the docs put it.  But here they are, and I love them so much.

This is my WHY.  In direct sales, and really in anything you do, you need to have a WHY, or your reason for doing what you're doing.  I have no why for teaching school.  I am just there. But my WHY for Close to My Heart is pictured above.  I want to be home for them, be refreshed and not tired for them, to be the room mom, to attend all their school functions without fear that I will get into trouble, and just be the MOM.  That's my reason for working my CTMH business.  Of course, I want to control my income and give myself raises and go on fabulous vacations and socialize with incredible women! But, when it comes right down to it, I want to be home for my kids.  And I will be.  June 2009 is my last month of teaching.  I am so excited about it, I cannot even describe it.  I know, I know, the economy!  But, I say.  But.  The pendulum swings both ways, and my kids are never again going to be 4 years 8 months and just turned 2 years.  Never.  If I miss Maggie's kindergarten play, will I ever see her do it again?  No.  And if I miss Nate's baseball game when he's 11, will I ever get a chance again?  No.  Could I go back someday and teach again?  If I wanted to, sure.  But my kids' lives are too precious and the moments too fleeting to waste my time there instead of HERE.  

I challenge you to think of your why.  Why do you go to your work?  Why are you doing the things you're doing?  Really think about it.  I have, and it changed my life!  

No comments: