Friday, January 2, 2009

Some new artwork !









Here;s some new artwork I wanted to share!  Not all the pages are completely finished, they need titles or more embellishments, but I wasn't able to upload to my Close to My Heart website today so I am posting them here.  

The top slideshow shows various samples using Emporium!  I LOVE this paper!  Perfect for girls or boys, great colors, and I am teaching this cool brayer technique this month.

The next slideshow shows Stardust, another favorite (unfortunately, all the paper in the new Idea Book is fabulous!!!)  This two page layout shows Nate's very serious take on his 2nd birthday.  This definitely needs more "stuff" but isn't it cute already?

Next is a four page layout using a level 1 kit of Magic Moments from the Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  The pages come together so quickly because most of the work is done already in a level 1 kit.  I added pictures, My Stickease, ribbons, and some fancy die cuts.  All four pages were completed within an hour!  That's pretty good!!!

And then finally my one page using Key to My Heart, January's special paper pack with E sized stamp set.  I used a new technique (new to me!) called faux embossing.  I first stamped the floral in white daisy pigment ink, dried it with my heat tool, then stamped the same image using Sorbet ink slightly offset (sorbet paper with sorbet ink).  I lifted this technique from a fellow CTMH consultant who was kind enough to share it on our team yahoo group!  I think it looks really cool and it is very easy to do.  

Enjoy!  Get some creating done!

No comments: