Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My babies are growing up!


My daughter Maggie has moved up to the 5, 6, and 7 year old tumbling class and I am amazed!  She turns five in April but because she was doing so well in her other class, the teacher said she could move up to the next age group.  At first she was very hesitant, but tonight she was getting her cartwheel going and actually did a headstand with her legs straight up in the air!  It was amazing!!  

I find it so fascinating to watch my babies growing up and becoming their own little selves.  They both have such definite personalities, even Nate at 2 knows what he likes and what he doesn't and he sure tells you!  I think about what they'll be like as they get older and how it'll be to have their friends over.  I wonder what kinds of classes they'll like in school, and what activities they'll decide to be in.  I wonder what they'll look like and if they'll still talk to me when they're teenagers!  

I am excited to become a stay at home mom so I can have the energy to watch this precious transformation day by day!  I know it will be a strange change in my life, to go from working all day to being able to decide what I want to do and when.  I will definitely have to have a schedule for myself or I will spend all fall on the beach with Nate and my parents looking for sea glass!  I want Nate to go to day care for a couple of half days just so he continues to play with kids his own age, but I can't wait for fall on the beach with him.  Good times are a comin'!

PS-that picture is from my 37th birthday party!  See the glow down in the bottom left corner?  That's from all the candles!  

No comments: