Sunday, June 7, 2009

July's workshop: Animal Cookies

This is my version of my July workshop, using Animal Cookies.  The workshop guide uses white daisy for the bases and is very kid-oriented, which is cool, but the desert sand bases looked great too, with the same paper pack.  I also used a different stamp from the stamp set and random stamped the bases, then choose several flowers and used an outline stamp in cranberry on those.  My title is 24/7, and I plan on using pictures of me with my kids in the summer, when we are together....24/7!  

The colors in this paper pack are cranberry, sunflower, dutch blue, desert sand, clover meadow, and white daisy.  Really fun to work with primary colors for a change!  I was really on a Bella and Moon Doggie kick, then I got obsessed with Twilight and Crystal Blue, so this was a great change of pace for me.

One thing I really love about my monthly workshops is it enables me to get outside of my zone a bit and use colors and techniques that I wouldn't ordinarily think to use.  

Make sure you check my website for the dates that this workshop will be available-I will be posting them soon!!

No comments: