Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Flippin' and Flappin'



As a scrapper, I often find myself in the position of having tons of photos that I want to include, but I don't really want a 50 page album all from one event.  A solution to this is Close to My Heart's Flip Flaps!  These handy 4x6 pockets have adhesive on one end, so all you have to do is pop your picture in side, or journaling, then attach it right to the page protector!  The layout on the left shows the page I made about our trip to Strasburg, PA.  The kids were really funny when they were lining up for the pictures on the left, so the top photo is actually several stacked up Flip Flaps, so all the photos from that part of the day are on there.  In the space for ONE photo, I was able to fit FOUR photos, and underneath the Flip Flap is a journaling block.  In total, the page has EIGHT photos, as well as two 4x6 journaling blocks.  

I put this album together in no time flat.I made a total of 12 pages documenting our trip to see Thomas.  I mostly kept my photos in 4x6 size to make it go faster, and I also kept inking and distressing to a minimum.  I picked cranberry, moonstruck, and honey card stocks to go with the Thomas paper pack I bought at the gift shop.  I also kept embellishments to a minimum, and let the pictures tell the story.   

If you'd like to purchase the Flip Flaps, please go here!

No comments: