Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rainy Day Fun!



Well, it's raining here today, so no pool! A few weeks ago, while helping my mom clean out a room in her house, I came across a book from my childhood called The Everything Book. This is a wonderful book! Lots of games, songs, riddles, and ideas for creative play.

This morning, it started to pour, ruining our plans for a big outing to the post office! So, instead we whipped up a batch of play dough. I have made play dough before, using recipes on the internet, with terrible results. Too sticky, too long to make, etc. This recipe is the one my mom used to make when I was little, and it is perfect!

Mix together:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3 tbsp oil
1/2 cup water
food coloring to desired color

We made one batch, then divided it into two lumps. Maggie chose to color hers pink, and Nate of course chose blue (for Thomas!). They played together without fighting for over 30 minutes! A record! Put into plastic baggies when finished and keep in the fridge. Awesome!!

No comments: