Friday, January 29, 2010

STUDIO J

This is a photo of my project on CTMH's new online scrapping program, Studio J.  THIS IS AWESOME!!! I made this two page layout about my husband and I on our cruise in about 15 minutes.  It wouldn't have taken that long except I had to keep stopping to tend to the kids!

It's a very simple program:  upload photos; choose paper kit; choose layout design; add photos to design, which can be resized within the photo wells; and finish with My Stickease, embellishments such as ribbon, buttons, metal accents, and you can also do some paper distressing at this stage, and change paper colors if you want to.  The final step is to save, give final approval, and purchase your layout if you choose.  

It's very intuitive, so for beginner online scrappers, you have help built into the program.  I am a beginner online scrapper, and I found it very easy to figure out and to use.  

While I will never stop loving my paper and inks, I am excited about the prospects of this program.  First, it's free until I buy the layouts.  Second, I can use it from any computer if my photos are uploaded already or stored in something like Snapfish.  Third, I can scrap in my living room in my recliner!  Fourth, I can whip out layouts of events that either have lots of photos, or make duplicate layouts for each child.  I will continue to create with paper and inks, and now I can supplement with Studio J!

No comments: