Monday, March 8, 2010

Reason Number 8 of the 31 reasons to join CTMH

Reason 8:  TAX WRITE OFFS!!  It's that most wonderful time of the year, when we visit our accountant and see what magic he can come up with this time.  Before I started my own business, we really did not have very many write offs, which as you know will make your tax bracket higher if you don't have many.  Last year, my first full year of being a home based business owner, was also our first time using an accountant in many years, but I knew he could do a better job than I could with the business deductions.

I won't go into too many details, but he pulverized our taxable income!  WHOO HOO! This is a good thing.  There are things I can write off that I never would've thought of myself, or wouldn't have known where to put them on the form.  It's a fabulous benefit of owning my own business and really, it's so much fun it doesn't feel like a business!  Take advantage of the opportunity!!!

No comments: