Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Stamp of the Month Card Swap


This month's Stamp of the Month is D1409 "Flower Pots" and is super cute and versatile too!  For the entire month of April, you can get this stamp set for FREE with a $100 order, $5.74 with a $75 order, $11.48 with a $50 order, or $17.21 with a $25 order.  Of course, you can also just buy it outright for $22.95!

I really love this Stamp of the Month campaign that we offer with Close to My Heart-in fact, it should have been one of my 31 reasons for March!  I don't always like the stamp set when I first see it, but I receive all four for free in April, August, and December with my Idea Books.  This gives me plenty of time to play around with them and also to view other artwork online made by other consultants, which gives me lots of ideas.  Usually the SOTM makes me think outside my box, which is great for me!  For my card this month I used pigment ink (in vanilla cream) for the flowers, and I stamped the window in cocoa ink on cocoa card stock, then I dry embossed the window.  This gave it some dimension, then I added antiqued copper bitty brads (some of my favorite things in the whole wide world of crafting) for the nails on the shutters.  I popped the whole window unit up on 3-D foam tape, another wonderful thing, and added a paper butterfly with another brad for his head.  Super simple and elegant, and quick to make.  The only thing I really had to wait for was the pigment ink to dry (I had forgotten my heat gun and was at a crop when I made these.  A heat gun would've speeded up the process quite a bit!).  

No comments: