Monday, April 5, 2010

Great use for photos not used on your layouts!

I had a Sandy Hearts team meeting a couple of weeks ago, and my upline Colleen was able to come.  She is so inspiring!  She brought her 52 Sundays album to share with us, where she photographed every single Sunday in 2009 and scrapbooked it. It was amazing!  From special events to regular days at home, each layout was beautiful. 

One thing that I loved was Colleen took the extra photos from a particular year or event and punched out squares, or cut the photos down to 2 x 4 strips or 4 x 2 strips.  This allowed her to get so many more photos onto one page, and it allowed her to use those extra photos that overwise would have sat in a box or drawer.  I copied her in this one page layout, which is a Level 1 kit page from the Bella paper pack, and I used extra photos from Maggie's first year and used a square punch to get all these photos on one page!  It goes in order from birth to about a year old and I love it!  I did it again for Nate's first year and I plan on doing it a lot!  I used the Bella My Stickease that came in the kit, and only stamped the words "first year" underneath her name in the title.  Try it today!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

very cool! hope you had a great Easter!