Saturday, April 10, 2010

Who the heck is FRANK and why should I invite him to my party??

So.  You want to have a Close to My Heart party, and there are some issues standing in your way!  I know there are!  I was you once, remember, before I became a consultant.  I waited for at least a year for someone I knew to have a scrapbooking party so that I could order some things.  I like to see things in person before I buy them (just like you, I bet!).  Finally, it hit me:  I will have the party!  But, I wondered who I would invite, who liked scrapbooking and stamping as much as me?

Well, I invited FRANK.  No, not a man named Frank, but FRANK:  Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, Neighbors, and Kids' parents.  See how easy that is?

First, invite your friends whether they scrapbook or not:  chances are they will come and have fun no matter what kind of party you're having.  

Your relatives are a great source too!  Even if they don't scrapbook, they can come to support you too.

Acquaintances are people you know slightly-your husband's coworkers' wives, for example.  You may not be best buds with them, but if you can stand them, invite them.  They may be long time scrappers, or have always wanted to try and never had an opportunity to learn.  

Your neighbors are going to be happier coming to your party than sitting home wondering why all those cars are on the street  and why you didn't invite them.  So, invite them!  Especially if you're new to the area or if you have neighbors who are new to the area-what a great way to be friendly!

Now, if you have kids, chances are you are seeing the same parents over and over again at school, events, sports, birthday parties, etc.  You may be actual friends with them, or you may not know their name.  Why not have a CTMH party to have some girl time and get to know them?  Chances are very good that you are going to be in the same circuit for a while!  And it's better to be friendly with the parents of your kids' friends than to not know who they are, right?  Then you can work together to make sure all the kids are safe.

If you are a scrapbooker or a card maker, then you should pick a time that works for you, set it up with me, and invite us all over for a fun time scrapping and stamping!  We can make cards, everyone always needs a card for something, or we can make a one page layout-whatever works for you!  You don't need to go crazy-some sodas and a box of cookies is awesome.  Let's PARTY!!!

No comments: