Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bittersweet Day...

And so it begins!


You may have had this going on today, or recently, in your home-back to school! When I was teaching I had nightmares about back to school-was I ready, were the kids going to behave, was I going to sit down at all all day, and on and on.  Now my fears are related to my kids-will they cry, will they get on the right bus at the end of the day, will their teacher be nice to them, will they remember to go potty and eat lunch???  Today was that day for me, and I am proud to say that both kids did marvelously!  

Maggie is an old pro at the bus now, and hopped right on with no problem.  Natey and I waited about an hour and then went outside to wait for his bus (they arrive at two different times, two different bus stops) at the end of the driveway.  He was so excited to get going that he didn't even say goodbye to me, or wave, or notice at all that I stood there crying and taking pictures.  He was far more focused on telling the bus aide that he could do the seat belt himself, thank you very much.  

Today I sent two kids to school, and got two kids back, and I couldn't be prouder of them!



No comments: