Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thriller Tag-I love it!!

I was blog hopping yesterday and found this tag on one of my favorite blogs!   Fellow consultant Annette Green of Florida always has amazing artwork that she shares!  I've linked to her before but here it is again:  http://annettescreativejourney.blogspot.com/

Her tag is super amazing but I tried to make mine similar, and I do love how it turned out.  

I started with honey cardstock, then rubbed my autumn terracotta ink pad all over it.  I stamped the skull in black ink, then stamped the HAPPY from Happy Halloween in black as well.  Then I CUT MY STAMP APART!!  Yes, I did, for the very first time!  The HALLOWEEN comes from the sentiment that says Scary Halloween to you and although I've masked it before, it really was easier to cut them apart.  I can always stick them back together when I want to, one of the great things about acrylic stamps!  More black ink for the flourishes at the bottom, then autumn terracotta again for the trick or treat along the left edge.  Then I added Yo Ho Ho from a CTMH pirate set I have (I forget the name of it) to make it more piratey than creepy Halloween.  Black card stock as a mat and some black and white ribbon to finish it off.  Notice the sheen on the words and the skull?  Liquid Glass!!  I think it looks awesome!

No comments: