Friday, October 1, 2010

Share the Magic Tag


So here is my unfinished tag using the October SOTM shown below-it needs more bling and some ribbon, but the Santa has a lot of love on him!  

First I stamped Santa on the tag in black ink.  Then I stamped him again on a scrap piece of cardstock and cut him out very carefully.  Using some Bonding Memories glue, I glued him on top of the tag (let the bonding memories glue dry to tacky before putting it on the tag-works like a post-it)-this is called a mask.  Then I used the sponge tool from the texture tools set and started with a  Crystal Blue over the entire tag-including right over the mask of Santa.  Then I added Pacifica ink to the edges and corners of the tag-lightly at first and adding more as I needed it.  You can always add more, but you can't take it away!  

Then I stamped Santa again onto the red snowflake paper from Mistletoe pack and cut out the parts to his outfit.  Yes, this takes time!  But well worth it-doesn't his suit look cute?  I removed the mask Santa and adhered the parts of his suit where they belonged.  I colored his boots, mittens, and belt with black marker.  I colored his present sack with pacifica marker.  Then I used liquid applique to the trim of his suit.  Once dry, I heated it with my heat tool till it puffed.  I stamped some stars from the SOTM set in pacifica, and then the Sharing the Magic as well.  I plan on adding some blue sparkles and some ribbon, and maybe more...don't know yet.  So far I love it!  I am going to be adding more tags to my blog very soon-I am planning a Holiday Tag Workshop this year (instead of cards)-some Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all mixed up!  

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I Love this tag! Very cute!!!