Friday, December 17, 2010

So awesomely cool...

I am so very proud of myself!  I am in a tag swap with a group of friends from a yahoo group, and I really wanted to step outside of my creative box.  I have been so incredibly inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas on his blog (www.timholtz.com) and although I usually think they are very cool, they are not normally my style.  He uses a lot of alcohol inks, and my son is very sensitive to smells like that, so I don't use them.  This year, however, he went wild with Sizzix dies!  Of course, he just released his new Vagabond and many new Alterations dies that are really my speed.  I have had a Big Kick forever and never use.  This week it got a workout!  I got a couple of Tim's dies and got cranking!
I followed Tim's tutorial on his blog and made the poinsettia flower out of the Tattered Flowers die of Tim's.  All you do is die cut a couple of the flowers, then cut them all apart.  The center of the flower becomes the points of the poinsettia!  I crumpled them and inked them, and once they were attached to a small punched circle with glue dots, I added the Crystal stickles.  Really cool!  The flourishes are from Tim's grungeboard line, and I painted them with CTMH pearl pain mixed with new england ivy re-inker.  They have a slight shimmer that's super fun.  The tag that says Merry Christmas is another of Tim's dies. I die cut the whole length of tags, then tore one off to use as a single tag on this.  The brads are pewter bigger brads from CTMH, which I dented with my piercing tool for a fun twist.  The base tag itself was embossed with (you guessed it!) another Tim product, one of his texture fades!  I inked the edges to bring some of the embossing up.  LOVE IT!


No comments: