Thursday, August 18, 2011

My other two Typeset Layouts

For my club this month, we completed this Typeset layout:
Before my club met this month, I completed two additional layouts with the same kit to see how much I could get out of one Level 2 paper pack now (since they were changed with this Idea Book).  I added two sheets of Kraft cardstock and got this (made mostly with scraps!):

I didn't even follow a sketch at all (gasp!) but used my scraps and just made them fit.  The photo mats of the right page were cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge (of course) in juniper and then matted with cocoa cardstock.  The big number two is cut from Kraft and random stamped with a journaling stamp set I had:

I sponged some cocoa ink around it to make sure you could see the edges, and popped it up with foam tape too.  Behind it is a juniper-colored award ribbon ( love that set!) and half of a scalloped circle that I had left over from the other layout I'm going to share with you.

On the right page, I made some more Cricut shapes (all from Art Philosophy):


The smaller shape is Kraft paper again, matted with leftover B&T from the Typeset kit.  I put brads next to where it says Brother and Sister because I am going to make a layout about my kids with this one.  That stamp set came with the Cricut cart, by the way.


The ticket is Kraft again, stamped with one of the sets that came with the cart, and topped with a Tim Holtz rosette from the Sizzix.  I finally found one of those in AC Moore and used my coupon to get it for half price.  It's the one that makes two mini rosettes--awesome!  That border along the bottom there, that looks like lace?  That is the zip strip from the Typeset kit!  Don't throw those away!

The other layout is based upon Magic:  Final Cut from page 122.  I modified it a bit because I was too lazy to go downstairs that night and get my Magic book.  So, I actually just cut stuff out!  You who know me well know that I NEVER do this!  But it worked out well:


This is pretty much what the second layout looked like in the Typeset brochure--it needs "more" but it's a good start.  One thing I did that I REALLY like is I made my own corrugated shapes:

See the black bracket??  I cut that out with the cricut and ran it through my crimper!  I had to dust off the crimper first, but it worked great!  I want to rub some pearl paint on it to make it pop more.  Behind the bracket is half of a postage stamp shape in creme brulee and half of that scalloped circle that I used in the previous layout.
I made the pennant on the cricut and plan to put some journaling there.  There's the other half of the postage stamp piece and the other bracket.


This needs more too.  The star shape come from the cricut but it needs some bling or something.  I will jazz it up when I get some pictures on there.  The scalloped border under the black cardstock also came from you-know-where---I can now say I am addicted to the Cricut!  SOOOOO awesome! 


Next month we are making this gorgeous layout featuring Sonoma!  I will put some Buy Now paypal buttons on here soon so if you want to come to club next month, you need to purchase your kit ahead of time!  Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

Love the layouts.
Ann

mish said...

Great Layouts....miss my NJ scrappy friends!