Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sonoma Layout for Streamlined Scrappin' Club!

Well, the picture quality is not the best, but here is MY version of the Sonoma layout that we'll be making at September Club! 

Here's the brochure version again:
 I widened the chocolate brown scalloped border and moved it to the bottom of the patterned paper block.  I also used the Cricut AP cartridge to cut that out as well as the flowers and the swirly pieces.
I also stamped that swirly border with chocolate ink on the chocolate scalloped pieces.  The pattern called for cutting two 1.5 inch wide strips of paper, then scalloping them with the corner rounder.  I've done that lots of times and it works really well, but I wanted to see if I could do it on the Cricut with the Art Philosophy cartridge...and I could!  I chose a double scalloped edge border, cut it pretty wide (probably at 3 inches), and did it at 11 inches long (have to select fit to length to make this work).  When it's cut, I just cut it in half and trimmed the pieces to length.  Perfect! 


Remember, if you are joining me for Club in September, you need to purchase your kit BEFORE September 1st!!  It's easy to do, just click on your choice on the right side of this blog and you're all set!  I will take care of everything else! 




2 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

I'm not a fan of the Sonoma papers, mostly because I don't like purple and I'm on the fence about the green that was used. However, I think your layout is really cute!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Elle! I do like the green and purple together, and then the chocolate looks great too. I used the patterned paper for the base as was called for, but I would've changed it to olive cardstock if I had any on hand, which I didn't. But I do like how it came out too! Needs some bling though!