Friday, October 14, 2011

Third MISCHIEF layout for October Club

 Here is my third layout using the rest of my Mischief paper pack.  I added Autumn Terracotta card stock for the die cuts, and colonial white for the bases, but all the rest is what I had left over after completing the other two layouts.  I was going to add just more Sunset card stock, but I didn't have enough (or I just couldn't find it, which may be the reason!) and I thought Autumn Terracotta looked nice with this pack.
 On the bases, I used my stipple texture tool and black ink--I just brushed it around very lightly so it looked smokey.  I LOVE the effect I got!  I originally was going to use black bases, then thought it was too dark.  Then I tried Grey Flannel but it was not the same grey as in the paper (which is Grey Wool).  So I tried this technique and I really liked the result.
I also inked the edges of everything with black distress inks (sold in a pack of two, one black and one chocolate, Z1296, $3.95) which is a chalk ink, not dye ink.  The result is a smudgier look than what regular dye ink would give.  Because these distress inks are only 1 inch square, it's super easy to go around the die cut base (cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge, of course!) even in the nooks and crannies. I will add more embellishments to this once I put pictures on it--I'm getting our corn maze photos developed right now. 

No comments: