Saturday, December 17, 2011

Art Philosophy Banner--easy as pie!

I made this super cute banner for Natey's birthday this week, and used the Art Philosophy cartridge for all of it.  I had about 20 minutes to get it done, and that's all it took.  I cut the banner pieces from cranberry, moonstruck, honey, clover meadow, and white daisy card stock, and stars from sunny yellow.  All letters were cut from white daisy too.  I ran all the small letters and the stars through my Xyron X tape adhesive thingy and popped them on, then used CTMH's Bonding Memories for the rest of the letters.  All I used to string them together was cranberry ribbon and voila!  A cute custom made banner that I could re-use if I want next year, just changing the 5th to a 6th!  I used primary colors because Natey LOVES Mario Brothers, and their game packaging is very primary color-based.  He loved it and I was happy it didn't cost me a cent.  All the banners in the store were at least $5 and none of them fit my theme of primary colors, and I was tired of looking too.

And, by the way....I am still trying to figure out what the Universe is trying to tell me.  Yesterday while making almond spritz cookie dough, I got a double yolk in one of my eggs.  In all my life I have never gotten a double yolked egg.  I bought the exact same kind of eggs I always buy, same size, and boom--there it was.  Not a crazy thing, I know, but to happen THIS week was strange.  Still listening!

No comments: