Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thinking Big...

I went to the library earlier this week and got myself 12 books--my kids are away this weekend for the first time and  I wanted to be able to distract myself.  One of the books I came aross was this one:

Donald Trump's "Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and Life".  I have never read one of Trump's books, but I kind of liked the title and it made me laugh!  I figured, what the heck, maybe I'll browse through it and get some business ideas. 

From the first page, I was hooked on this book.  It's not that he's the best writer I've ever read, it's that I can hear it in his voice and what he says makes total sense to me.  I took his quiz about whether I have what it takes to make it big--and I do. 

Many of his quotes resonate with me...this one especially:  "If you are no longer passionate about your career anymore, then find something you are passionate about."  --Donald Trump.  To me, this is exactly how I felt about teaching.  I was passionate when I was first teaching.  I created fantastic lessons, I was thinking about how to teach things all the time, I thought about teaching every single day.  A few years in, things changed.  Maybe I changed, maybe teaching changed...maybe both.  Once I had kids of my own, my passion absolutely changed.  My passion is being a mom.  Being the BEST mom I can.  Being bled dry by my teaching job and coming home too exhausted to enjoy my children is NOT me.  Yes, I know many people do it.  Good for THEM.  NOT good for ME.

So what is my passion, besides my kids?  I honestly and wholeheartedly am passionate about Close to My Heart.  I was thinking about it, as I read the book, if it was creating that I loved so much, or the teaching of scrapbooking, or what part was the one I was so passionate about.  I love the creative side of my CTMH job, it's fun so it's not like it's work.  I love working with people at crops, teaching them how to scrapbook easier and faster with better results.  And that's where CTMH comes in.  CTMH fully supports making this wonderful hobby easier and faster with better results.  And that is MY focus too.  CTMH focuses on its consultants and its customers.  They focus on researching trends and the best products that will make life easier for us.  They focus on how to make the job of consultant easier and more rewarding.  They focus on us.  Not many, if any, other direct sales companies do that. 

I read a blog written by another direct sales leader, to keep tabs on what's going on there, and honestly her words leave a bad taste in my mouth every time I read them.  She seems fake and phony and NOT focused on making her company focus on her consultants.  I would never work for her.  Not even if CTMH folded.  From the moment I met Jeantte Lynton (founder and CEO of CTMH) I knew I had met a genuine person who truly believes in all of us (her consultants) and she remembers vividly what it is like to be on this side of the fence.  She has so many plans for her company that in 100 years they probably couldn't catch up to her!  If you've never read her blog, scroll on this page until you see her badge, and go read about her.

So what is my BIG DREAM?  My big dream, simply put, is to grow my Close to My Heart business and help others do the same.  People say you can't make money doing this.  Really?  I know someone who makes a 6 figure income from doing exactly this.  And I am going to do the same.

2 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

Inspiring words Jennifer! I agree with you 100%. CTMH is THE BEST Direct Sales comapny to work for. Here's to having a GREAT YEAR!

Jennifer said...

If I lived in Utah I would be knocking on Jeanette's door trying to work in the corporate office! Not that I want a corporate job per say, but I would LOVE the chance to work directly with her.