Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Summer...the BEST ever!

I generally stick to posts about scrapbooking and what's new with Close to My Heart, but I am just so full of happiness that I have decided to share some of what my summer was all about. I hope you'll indulge me here, and get a peek at how my non-crafting parts of my life make up the crafting parts completely!

2011 was a rough year, to say the least. I separated from my husband and we lived apart from April onward. Our separation was contentious and is still full of tension even though we are now divorced. During this time I swore I would just be alone and raise my kids by myself and never date again. I'm sure you can guess where this is going!!

2012 started out pretty much like 2011--I just kept on going about my routine and really found a lot of solace and healing through my scrapping ladies--truly my club ladies saved me more than they know!

Here we are at our summer BBQ! Love these ladies!
With my club ladies I vented and cried and laughed and vented some more! With the gentle (well, maybe not so gentle!) push from my dear friend Monicarol (far right in the white shirt) I met someone. I had NO interest in dating but she said why not, it's just dating!!

And so I met this man. It was supposed to be just dating, and I told everyone that I am *JUST* dating!

Then he met my sister and her fiance....and we went out to dinner.....he met my parents and then...

These two love playing whiffle ball together!

he met my kids. This was HUGE for me! I swore he would never meet my kids, as we were *just* dating, but he just fits into my family so incredibly well!


They love him! And he is such a natural with them as well, so kind and patient, and we all just like being together!

 Even my cats love him!
So happy!

These two watch Animal Face Off and discuss which animal will win, so funny!

Funny how life works, isn't it?? I really believed I would be alone for the rest of my life, even though I am relatively young, and I was good with that. Then God threw me a curve ball and I hit a home run. I am SO GLAD that my dear friend Monicarol gave me that not-so-gentle push!  (I showed this post to Barry, and he read that line above that I believed I'd be alone for the rest of my life, and he said "You'll never be alone again, not for as long as I'm alive". Made me cry!!!)

2 comments:

Barb said...

I am so happy for you, my friend! You so deserve this!! Enjoy your life and thank him for me... For making you so happy! Hugs...

Jennifer said...

Awww, thanks Barb!!! We both feel lucky to have found one another, it's an awesome thing!